16 June 2021
investLogan Chair Steve Greenwood would like to congratulate Medy Hassan, on behalf of investLogan, for being awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia this week.
Mr Hassan, who was appointed CEO of investLogan earlier this year, has received the Medal of the Order of Australia in the general division for his service to the investment, building and construction industry.
Mr Greenwood said Mr Hassan was truly deserving of the highly prestigious recognition in the 2021 Queen’s Birthday Honours.
“I’ve known Medy for several years, both in a business and personal capacity, and I can say firsthand that this is well deserved recognition for his commitment to the building and construction sector, and the impact that his dedication and commitment has had on our nation,” Mr Greenwood said.
“Medy has long been a prominent figure in the industry and has held many industry-shaping positions across a range of organisations and associations throughout his career.
“He has made an incredibly valuable contribution to investLogan and the people of Logan, which is just a part of his impactful career, and we are so please to see him recognised for his contributions.
“Congratulations, Medy, for this incredible achievement.”
Mr Hassan has more than 25 years of experience in private equity, property and construction, with his community involvement stemming broadly across development, construction, investment, health, education and arts.
Mr Hassan holds the following positions:
- investLogan CEO and former Director
- Haus Holdings Founder and Managing Director (since 2014)
- Industry Fellow of the University of Queensland (QBI) (since 2016)
- Vitae Capital Co-founder and Director
- Australian Institute of Building Fellow (since 2008)
- Australian Institute of Building past Vice President QLD, member QLD, ACT and NSW
- Queensland Brain Institute Advisory Board Member (since 2016)
- Australian Performing Art Conservatory Chair (since 2019)
- Jazz Music Institute Chair (since 2019)
- Southern Cross Certified Chair
- Fellow of the Royal Society, NSW
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission (Industry Advisory Member) (since 20014)
- Hindmarsh Group former National General Manager (2009-2014)
- Property Council of Australia Council Member ACT, former Vice-President, former Committee Chair, and current National Awards Judge
- RMIT University current Adjunct Professor
- University of Canberra current Adjunct Professor
- Western Sydney University current Adjunct Professor
- Lean Construction Institute of Australasia current Director
- John Curtain Medical Research Foundations former Board Member
- Master Builders Association, former Peak Council member ACT , NSW and QLD